Government funded courses
Fully funded training courses via the Learning Curve Group.
The courses are delivered through e-learning, are completed within 6 weeks and provide people with a national level 2 qualification.
There is approx. 6 hour’s work at home, you can do it via booklet or you will need access to a computer to complete online.
The courses on offer are:
* Understanding Autism* Understanding Behavior that challenges* Understanding learning disabilities* Children and young people’s mental health*children and young people*mental health problems*specific learning disabilities
Further information about some of the courses:
Level 2 certificate in Understanding Autism
This course helps to increase people’s understanding of autism.
• Using a person-centered approach to support individuals with autism
• Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Level 2 certificate in Understanding Behavior that challenges
• Learn about managing behavior that causes harm to the individual or others, or prevents the individual from fulfilling some aspect of their life, such as education, work or relationships
• Understand behavior that challenges
• Understand how to support positive behavior
• Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behavior that challenges
• Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behavior that challenges
Level 2 certificate in learning difficulties.
Having a learning difficulty means that people find it harder to learn certain skills. As this affects around 15% of people, it is important for those working in healthcare, social care and education to have knowledge of different learning difficulties.
The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with knowledge of a range of specific learning difficulties, such as ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia. The course is aimed at learners looking to improve their understanding and awareness of the below key topics, especially those working in healthcare, social care and education.
Level 2 certificate in Children and young people’s mental health
• Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
ELIGIBILITY the learner must live in England and be over 19 years old
As a charity we also ask for a £3 donation from every learner to cover room hire, please email the appropriate email for your area
Lanchester social club- Lanchester
14/03/2020 and 10/10/2020 13.30pm start
Dean bank institute- Ferryhill
25/04/2020 and 26/09/2020 12.30pm start
The grove primary school_Consett
16/05/2020 and 19/09/2020 15.00 pm start
the guide hall- Peterlee
26/06/2020 and 06/06/2020 and 03/10/2020 11am start
Great Lumley community centre- Great Lumley
25/04/2020 and 20/05/2020 and 21/10/2020 - 11am start
Witton park village hall- Bishop Auckland
18/04/2020 and 17/10/2020 15.30pm start
The Hut - Ushaw Moor
02/05/2020 and 03/10/2020 15.00pm start
The great church hall- darlington
17/03/2020 and 20/10/2020 13.15pm start
29/03/2020 and 27/09/2020 14.30pm start
Education village- Darlington
02/05/2020 and 03/10/2020 12.01pm start